Labels

 

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Terra Mia

Here's probably the best way to describe this place. Every time I go there, I think, "this is great! I should come here more often". 

Located next to University mall, Terra Mia is a great way to get a pretty decent taste of authentic Italian Pizza. There are only two places that I v'e tried that do better: Pizzeria Locale in Boulder, CO, and Settebello in Salt lake. I know this may set off some Pizzeria 712 dedicate-es, but in my opinion, this is the best place in the valley to get some great authentic Italian pizza.

Food:
I've said it already, but its great. When Ash and I go there, we usually get the Terra Mia. It comes fully loaded with chicken, salami, and pine nuts. I LOVE pine nuts on pizza. Its topped with a bunch of arugula (lettuce with a little bit of a kick to it. you definitely feel fancy eating it) and served on a thin crust cooked in a super heated oven.



Terra Mia

It is TEEMING with delicious juice, so dont just put it in your mouth and swallow, this is the kind of food that must be enjoyed and treated as an experience, not just an eating routine to live by.


Contadina



The last time we went, we were with some friends. Friend A got the Contadina. It comes with eggplant on it, and though I've never been eggplant's biggest fan, this place pulled it off. 

And to anyone who doesn't eat the crust: 
First, you've no chance of making it to heaven.
Second, the crust here is good enough to eat on its own.


Penne Pesto with Chicken (and Olives)

Friend B decided to veer from the Pizza route and got the "Penne Pesto with Chicken" I guess she was also feeling adventurous cause she added kalamata olives (wow).  Here's a fact of life. Cream makes just about anything better. Though I really like pesto, I LOOOOVE creamy pesto. It's a quick way to win me over. Its a tough thing to mess up, so as much as I loved the dish, I don't know if Id'e give it any extra points for awesomeness in taste.

Price:
For dinner, pretty much everything is between $8 and $12
For Lunch: $5 - $9
And bare in mind that the Pizza's can come pretty close to filling two people.


Overall:
Totally, Go.

Its a great place to eat and its just really true, good food. Everyone that I've taken there has walked away satisfied saying "that was really good!". Will it be the best pizza you'll ever eat in your life? Hopefully not, but by any standard, it's great. Now keep in mind that I haven't even mentioned the fantastic gelato they have there, maybe that's for another entry.

Again, if you are 100% Pizzeria 712, leave a comment and tell me what to try there. It was good, but I didn't feel it measured up to Terra Mia.






Terra Mia Ristorante on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are great!! It's not easy to do justice to the colors ans textures of food, but you are doing it. Great blog. Makes me wish I was in Provo. But then, a lot of things make me wish I was in Provo . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with your first statement. We constantly say, "we should eat here more often". I also enjoy it because while my children are not adventurous in their food habits yet, we can get a fantastic pizza and a dish of kids cheesy pasta and we are all thoroughly happy. Great pick. I totally agree, although I have actually never been to 712.

    ReplyDelete